TAKING THE GUESSWORK OUT OF PITCHER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
The Grid Pitching System permits coaches to better illustrate the benefits of their instruction when the data supports their claims during workouts. They can test the effectiveness of their tips instantaneously and with the benefit of video playback.
All the pitches thrown through The GRID are recorded indefinitely and displayed via an easy-to-use graphic interface.
WHAT IT IS
A STATE-OF-THE-ART PITCHER TRAINING TOOL
Designed by Aerospace Engineers and Professional Pitchers, the GRID System uses optical lasers to capture speed, break, trajectory and deceleration of pitches at a level of accuracy that vastly exceeds existing radar-based systems.
Coupled with a hi-speed, high definition video feed, the system is able to instantaneously link pitcher mechanics with pitch movement to enable diagnostic capabilities never before realized.
HOW IT WORKS
As pitches are thrown through the system, 3 banks of laser sensors monitor the flight of the pitch to provide precise trajectory, speed and location. A fixed, high-definition camera is used to record the pitcher’s motion. The data captured by the lasers is instantaneously “attached” to the video of the pitcher’s motion, enabling unprecedented diagnostic assessment of the effect of pitching mechanics on the flight of the baseball.
- Dramatically exceeds accuracy of existing systems
- Captures every facet of every pitch to identify key strengths, weaknesses and trends
- Video playback identifies the effect of pitcher’s mechanics on the flight of the baseball
- Internet-based system enables coaches to monitor a pitcher’s workout from anywhere in real time
- Identifies the optimal speed for any type of pitch
- Allows pitchers to better understand how mechanical adjustments affect their pitches
- Simplifies data collection and analysis